We all know Charleston is a great place to be during the holidays and Independence Day is certainly no exception! Here's a list of our favorite 4th of July celebrations and top venues to watch the fireworks.
* Start celebrating Thursday night at the 4th of July Weekend Kickoff Party at the Visitor’s Center Bus Shed Downtown. Enjoy live music, food and drinks for one ticket price. There’s even an after party at Club Trio.
* Take in the gorgeous scenery and have a front row seat for the fireworks aboard the Spirit of Carolina for a Dinner Cruise.
* Dance the night away at the Mt. Pleasant Pier at the Charleston County Park’s Uncle Sam Jam. Enjoy live beach music, drinks and snacks and be in the perfect spot for the Charleston Harbor fireworks show.
* North Charleston does its right with an afternoon and evening celebration at Riverfront Park. Admission and parking is free and the family-friendly fun includes live music, food trucks, children’s activities, vendors and a huge fireworks show!
* Downtown Summerville transforms into a patriotic street fest for Red, White & Blue on the Green. Also family-friendly, highlights include games, face painting, jump castles, watermelon eating contests, food vendors, costume contests, and a parade in the park.
* Middleton Place isn’t just for flowers! They know how to celebrate on the Fourth! Middleton Place was home for a signer of the Declaration of Independence so this historic site honors our country with hands on military drills, colonial crafts, games and readings of the Declaration. All free with general admission.
* Another one of our absolute favorite spots for a relaxing Fourth - The Beach! Almost all of our beautiful beach towns have their own celebration with fireworks and more. Here are links to a few:
Kiawah Island - Dancing, drinks, fireworks at The Sanctuary
Folly Beach - Spend the day surfing and the night watching fireworks at the fishing pier at dark
Isle of Palms - Bring your beach chairs and enjoy the city’s fireworks show from the beach Sullivans Island - let the kids swim and explore the tide pools, then relax for a great fireworks show at dark
Sullivans Island - Let the kids swim and explore the tide pools, then relax for a great fireworks show at dark
Have a Safe and Happy Fourth of July!